Since the start of the pandemic, the process of human resources work has changed significantly. Nonetheless, the core needs – such as hiring new employees and helping them smoothly transition to their new roles – have not changed. During the last few months, it is estimated that video interviewing and virtual onboarding have nearly tripled (source: SHRM & HireVue), which is why we are offering this course.
As a Hiring Manager, you put a lot of time and energy into finding and hiring the right person. This class includes the reasons why you need to put as much effort into making sure they succeed. Onboarding is the process of integrating a new employee into your company and giving them the tools, information, and introductions they will need to succeed in their new job. You will learn the onboarding process and research that supports how a good onboarding program can boost employee retention and help avoid costs. You will leave the class with tips for onboarding remotely or in-person, and resources that you can fast adapt to help your employee succeed.
Who should attend?
- Hiring managers
- Human Resources
- Small business owners starting to hire employees
- Buddies or mentors involved in onboarding new employees
Benefits of attending this program:
- Ensure new employees are immediately engaged in their work.
- Make new hires feel comfortable while entering their new place of employment.
- Improve the overall integration for everyone on the team.
- Help with current employee retention.
Flow of the Course:
- Consider what is different about onboarding a remote employee versus an office employee
- Begin before you hire
- Before the employee starts (Preboarding)
- First days (Orientation)
- When the employee starts (Onboarding)
- After the employee starts