BizStarts has been serving entrepreneurs in the Milwaukee region for over a decade. Seeing the need in our community for a credentialed system of learning “Entrepreneurship in Adversity”, we are proud to announce our newest program BizStarts Institute. In creating our new program BizStarts sought support from the University of Notre Dame Professor, Michael Morris. Michael’s programs are renowned for creating companies from people in poverty throughout the world. BizStarts Institute is intense, hands-on exposure to the fundamentals of launching and growing a successful venture, taught by seasoned faculty, subject matter experts, and successful entrepreneurs. The bootcamp occurs on six consecutive Saturday mornings starting on April 17th. Year long mentorship is available after the initial 6-week program!
Topics covered in the Community Bootcamp:
- Address all facets of a successful venture
- Ranging from the development of a viable business concept to understanding your market
- Designing your profit model
- Setting up operations properly
- Marketing your venture
- Understanding the basic numbers
Our underlying focus is how to think and act in entrepreneurial ways—including how to do more with less—and how to grow a venture when you have little in the way of resources. The approach will be interactive, so participants will be encouraged to bring business ideas and challenges into the weekly discussions.
We have a teach by doing approach:
- You won’t just learn accounting, but will actually put your numbers into books.
- You won’t just learn marketing, but will actually run social media pages.
- You won’t just learn sales, but will know where to find customers.