The performance management – or employee feedback – process is one that can fill many managers and employees alike a sense of dread. However, with the right skills and mindset, this process can become a collaborative form of two-way communication that reduces anxiety and sets everyone up for success.
This class presents a model for managing employee performance and provides you with specific tools you can use to set performance goals, document and manage performance, maintain ongoing communication, conduct performance reviews, and develop performance improvement plans. Includes a copy of the book Fearless Performance Reviews by Jeff and Linda Russell.
What you will learn:
- The 7 reasons why performance reviews often create fear
- The 10 characteristics of fearless coaching conversations
- How to develop the “right” mindset for performance management
- What is a collaborative mindset and how to use it to create a winning approach
- How to use the Great Performance Cycle to create high performing employees
- The reasons why giving constructive feedback can be difficult
- 15 tips for giving constructive feedback for great results